Knowing When to Call Roadside AssistanceJune 25, 2021 6:40 pm Leave your thoughts
Most people have some form of roadside assistance, but are unsure of when to contact them. So, what does roadside assistance help with? Well, if you’re stuck on the side of the road and need help, it’s never a bad idea to contact your roadside assistance provider. You could be experiencing anything from a flat tire to an overheated car, and roadside assistance will be there to help. That said, it’s important to ask your insurance agency what your roadside assistance policy covers. Read on to learn more about roadside assistance and when to call a tow truck:
- Flat tire: You should never drive on a flat tire. If you suspect one of your tires has gone flat, it’s important to pull over in a safe spot and check. While many people know how to change tires on their own, there’s nothing wrong with calling roadside assistance for a little help. This is especially true if you’re missing some of the tools to change your tire. Never try and wing it! A roadside assistance professional can help change your tire and get you back on the road in no time.
- Ran out of gas: Don’t be embarrassed about running out of gas—we’ve all done it at one point. It’s easy to overestimate how much gas you have in your vehicle before hitting the road. If you’ve found yourself having to pull over due to an empty tank, contact roadside assistance and they’ll bring you gas right away.
- You’ve gotten locked out: This is another problem that most people have experienced at least once in their lives. It’s sometimes easy to forget your keys in the car, especially if you’re in a rush. This often feels like a hopeless situation. However, roadside assistance can easily help you retrieve your keys.
- Problems with your battery: One of the most frustrating experiences you can have after a long day is dealing with a dead battery. Even if you have jumper cables, it can be hard to approach someone in the parking lot to help jump your car. Instead, contact roadside assistance, who will get to your location in no time with jumper cables and any other equipment needed.
- You need a tow: There are many reasons you might need your car towed. Maybe your engine has died, or there are problems with the brakes. Either way, it’s a good idea to contact roadside assistance and let them set up a tow. It’s usually easy to tell when you need to call a tow truck.
Choosing the right roadside assistance policy
Many roadside assistance policies are different, so it’s important to consider all your options before deciding on one. If you already have auto insurance, ask your insurance company about their roadside assistance options. The price of a roadside assistance plan can differ greatly based on the number of vehicles you own and how many drivers need coverage. While choosing the right roadside assistance plan might seem difficult at first, it’s important to have one in case of an emergency.
For all your auto repair and service needs—including tow truck services—contact the experts at AMR Auto Repair & Towing today.
Categorised in: Roadside Assistance
This post was written by Writer