According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, six million car accidents occur in the United States each year. While not all of these accidents require a tow truck, it’s safe to assume that a large portion of them do.
It’s important to know that calling for a tow isn’t as easy as dialing the first tow company you find online—there are a few steps you’ll need to take before the tow truck arrives. Continue reading to learn a few tips on what to do in Salt Lake City, UT before your car gets towed:
- Call your insurance company: Even before you call a tow truck, you’ll want to get in contact with your insurance provider. Your insurance company can give you pricing information and help with the next steps. Sometimes, they can arrange for pickup, so you don’t have to.
- Determine if your car is drivable: In some situations, your vehicle might not need to be towed at all. If your car isn’t leaking fluids, the hood is still closed and the brakes and steering wheel feel right, you can likely skip a tow in Salt Lake City, UT. Just be sure to bring your car to a repair shop right away.
- Take photos: Before you drive away or call a tow company, take out your phone and take detailed pictures of the damage and the accident scene. This small step will be invaluable down the road when you’re dealing with your insurance company.
- Consider getting a few tow quotes: It’s tempting to arrange for pickup from the first company you call, but that’s not always the smartest move. You could potentially save a few hundred bucks by getting estimates from a few different tow companies. Plus, you’ll want to ensure the company actually has the machinery necessary to pick up and tow your vehicle.
- Ensure the tow truck is from a reputable company: When you have your car towed in Salt Lake City, UT, it’s essential that the tow company is reputable and qualified. Hiring a sketchy or cut-rate tow truck can cost more and lead to big headaches with your insurance company.
- Tell the driver exactly where to take it: Unless the police need to inspect the vehicle, you have the right to have your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choosing. Again, your insurance company may provide you with some recommendations, but be sure to choose a reputable and certified mechanic.
AMR Auto Repair & Towing is your go-to towing service
If your car breaks down or you’re involved in an accident and need a tow, look no further than our team. At AMR Auto Repair & Towing, we have the ability to tow cars, trucks, RVs, semi trucks, motorcycles and more.
We also offer repair services for any vehicle we tow, so we’re a one-stop shop for all of your vehicle’s needs. Contact our staff members to have your vehicle towed or to learn more about all of our car repair services in Salt Lake City, UT.
Categorised in: Towing Company
This post was written by Writer