There’s nothing quite as beautiful as the winter months here in the Utah. A fresh coat of snow against the backdrop of the stunning Wasatch Mountains is unlike anything you’ll see anywhere else in this country. But the season’s frigid temperatures make it hard to get up and go on those early mornings when you have to wake up early and hit the road. Improve your morning commute using these fast ways to heat up your car in Salt Lake City, UT.
Is your heater working?
Before you can expect your vehicle to heat up quickly, you need to determine if there’s a mechanical reason why your car isn’t heating up fast in Salt Lake City, UT. Your vehicle will not warm up as required if:
- The antifreeze/water level in the radiator is low due to a leak.
- A broken thermostat incorrectly gauges your engine temperature.
- The blower fan stops functioning.
- Contaminated coolant blocks the heating core from properly circulating heated air into your vehicle’s cabin.
If the heater in your car, truck or SUV fails to function as needed, even after driving for several minutes, you should schedule an appointment at a trusted auto shop like AMR Auto Repair & Towing. One of our mechanics can quickly diagnose the problem and get your heater working again.
My heater works—now what?
Once your preferred mechanic determines your vehicle’s heater operates as it should, there are some fast ways to heat up your car in Salt Lake City, UT during the coldest months of the year:
- Park in a garage: If your home has a garage, this is the time of year to use it to store your vehicle overnight. Clear out all of that debris and make room for your car, truck or SUV. This minimizes how much ice builds up on your windshield and the rest of the vehicle, making it easier to warm up when you get behind the wheel.
- Park facing east: For those without a garage, park your car so the windshield faces east. As the sun rises, your car will heat up faster and the ice on your windshield will melt away, making it easier to scrape the remaining frost off of it. Throughout the day, always park in spots with more sun exposure to keep your car, truck or SUV warm.
- Try a block heater: Not only does this electrical device help your engine operate more efficiently during the winter, but a block heater also allows you to warm up your vehicle more quickly.
- Minimize heat loss: After heating up your vehicle, try to keep that comfortable air in the cabin as much as possible. Don’t roll down your windows or hold the door open for any longer than necessary.
If you’re wondering why your car isn’t heating up fast in Salt Lake City, UT, come by our top-rated garage today. We offer competitively-priced rates on all services. Our mechanics take pride in providing speedy, reliable auto repair services to every customer who comes to our shop. Get in touch with us today to schedule an appointment for your car, SUV or truck.
Categorised in: Driving Tips
This post was written by Writer