Let’s hope you never get a flat tire when you’re driving down the road, but if it does happen, it’s vital that you know what to do. This post will teach you everything you need to know about fixing a flat tire in Salt Lake City, UT:
- Always have the right tools: Properly fixing a flat tire begins before your tire even goes flat. Your car’s supply kit should always include a spare tire, a jack, a tire iron and a brick to keep the car in place. It may also be a good idea to carry some road flares to set up while you’re changing the tire.
- Move far from traffic: Getting to safety is your first priority. That means pulling off to the right side of the road as far as you can. The further you are from traffic, the lower the chance of getting hit by another vehicle. Be sure to also put your hazard lights on—especially at night—to help ensure other drivers can see your car.
- Park on a level surface: Though you want to be far off on the shoulder, you still want to try to keep your car on a level surface. The flatter the ground, the easier it’ll be to jack up your car and replace the tire.
- Watch for other vehicles: Simultaneously fixing your flat tire while watching out for other cars can be tricky, but it’s vital to stay safe on the side of the road. Again, turning on your hazards and setting up road flares can help keep you safe.
- Use the jack correctly: Your jack will vary depending on the type of car you drive. Before you step outside and get to work, consult your owner’s manual to ensure you use the jack properly. Incorrectly lifting your car can cause damage to the vehicle and make it hard to swap out the tire.
Call a professional instead
Though fixing a flat tire in Salt Lake City, UT can be a DIY job, we recommend calling a roadside assistance service when you get a flat. Here’s why:
- Stay safe: Even if you pull off the road as far as possible, you never know if a reckless driver could careen over to the right and hit you or your car. Instead of putting yourself in harm’s way, stay in your vehicle and call a professional tow company to replace your tire.
- Worry-free replacement: If you follow our instructions above, replacing a tire isn’t all that difficult, but if you want to ensure it’s done right, or if you have any misgivings about attempting the job yourself, call the team at AMR Auto Repair & Towing. Our pros will have your spare tire on nice and tight so that you can get on with your day.
When you’re in a tough spot, and you need help fixing a flat tire in Salt Lake City, UT, be sure to call AMR Auto Repair & Towing! We can replace a flat tire for any vehicle, and we’ll arrive on the scene as soon as can be.
Categorised in: Roadside Assistance
This post was written by Writer