The long winter months lead to many problems on the road: mechanical or electrical problems that cause a car to die, car accidents from awful weather and unsafe driving conditions or flat tires from debris and potholes hidden by snow. Whatever your case may be, you might find yourself stranded and waiting for a tow truck to get you home.
While waiting for towing in Salt Lake City, UT, you should make sure to follow some precautions to ensure that you are safe while you wait for the truck to reach you. Read on for some of the most important tips:
- Consider where you’re parked: Though you might not have much control over this, depending on what happened, try your best to pull over as far to the shoulder as you can. Avoid parking near blind corners or on hills—anywhere it would be difficult for other drivers to see you.
- Stay in your vehicle: Unless you’re stranded in a plaza or another safe area near shops or restaurants, it’s best to remain in your car. If you’re in a busy area with lots of traffic, especially on a highway, keep your seatbelt fastened as well for added protection. To store heat in the car, make sure you keep the windows and doors closed.
- Be prepared: Once you’re safe, call the towing company and make sure you have the driver’s name and/or the tow truck’s license plate number. That way you can verify the information when the truck arrives to protect yourself from anyone out to take advantage of you. Another way to prepare yourself for the tow truck is to gather any of the personal belongings and paperwork (including insurance information) you will want after your car is towed. Again, don’t go into the trunk to get these, as that puts you at risk, but gather things you can reach within the body of the car.
- Have an emergency kit: If you plan ahead, you can make your wait more comfortable by putting together an emergency kit with blankets, hand and foot warmers, food, water and warmer clothes. You never know how long you’ll have to wait for that tow truck to come, and an emergency kit will help you stay comfortable while you’re stuck in your car.
- Be cognizant of your surroundings: Last but not least, stay aware of your surroundings. Keep your eyes on the traffic to look out for any dangers that could come along, and also stay alert and wary of any people who pull over to offer help or a ride. Of course, most people are there to help, but in a dangerous world, it’s always good to be skeptical.
If you follow the tips above, waiting for towing in Salt Lake City, UT should be a breeze. And if you need a safe and reliable towing company, look no further than AMR Auto Repair & Towing! Our team has nearly 20 years of experience in the industry, and we offer a range of services including towing, roadside repairs and general auto repair. Call us today for a complimentary consultation.
Categorised in: Vehicle Towing
This post was written by Writer