You probably know that various components of your car need to be changed every now and then, but do you know exactly which parts and fluids need to be replaced, and when those services should be performed? If not, keep reading. This post from your auto mechanic in Salt Lake City, UT will teach you about which components of your vehicle need to be replaced and when:
- Engine oil and filter: Your oil is the lifeblood of your engine! As such, you need to have it changed every few thousand miles. Check your owner’s manual to see when your oil should be changed, and bring it into an auto shop to have it replaced at those intervals. When you bring your car in for an oil change, we’ll also swap out your oil filter. A fresh filter and clean motor oil ensure a long-lasting and smoothly-running vehicle.
- Air filter: The air filter is your number one defense in protecting contaminants from entering your engine and wreaking havoc. Depending on your driving conditions, your filter can last anywhere from 15,000 to 30,000 miles. The best way to know whether or not it’s time to swap out your filter is to bring your car to an auto mechanic in Salt Lake City, UT. We’ll take a look and let you know whether or not it’s time for a change.
- Battery: You’re not going to get too far with a dead battery! Nowadays, most batteries last between four and five years before they need to be swapped out with a new one. However, extreme temperatures can run down your battery faster. Additionally, be sure to keep all electronics turned off while your engine isn’t running if you want to enjoy a long-lasting battery.
- Brake pads: As brake pads age, they get worn down and thin. Thinner brake pads mean that it’ll take longer for you to slow down and bring your vehicle to a stop. When that’s the case, you’re a danger to yourself and everyone else on the road. Strange noises and a grinding feeling when you apply the brake are just a few of the signs that you need to bring your vehicle in and have your brake pads replaced. Be sure to bring your car to a mechanic as soon as possible if you think your brake pads are worn down.
- Spark plugs: Trouble starting your car, rough idling, slow acceleration and other performance issues mean that it’s time to swap out those spark plugs in your engine. You could potentially replace your spark plugs by yourself, but we recommend letting a pro take care of it for you. It’s a relatively quick job, and you can rest easy knowing that a professional will perform the task correctly.
Regardless of the service you need to have performed, be sure to choose AMR Auto Repair & Towing for all of your vehicle’s needs. Between our affordable rates, friendly professionals and fast service, we’re pleased to be a premier auto mechanic in Salt Lake City, UT!
Categorised in: Mechanic
This post was written by Writer