The Dangers of Trying to Pull a Car Out of the SnowDecember 10, 2018 8:48 pm Leave your thoughts
Picture this: you’re traveling down the road when suddenly you slide off into a snow bank. This obviously isn’t a good situation, and unfortunately, it can happen to anyone. What should you do in this scenario? Should you do a quick search for, “How do you pull a car out of a snow ditch in Salt Lake City, UT?” Should you wave down a pedestrian for help, or should you call a professional towing service? This post will teach you why the latter option is really the only choice you ought to consider:
- You don’t have the right equipment: Professional tow trucks have the proper equipment to remove your vehicle from a snow bank or a ditch. Chances are, that’s not the case with the guy you waved down for help. There are some stories of average Joes being able to pull a car from a ditch with makeshift gear, but those cases are few and far between, and there was almost certainly a lot of good luck involved. Never trust a guy with a pickup truck and a chain to get your car out of the snow.
- You might damage both vehicles: Trying to pull your car out of the snow without the right gear can actually damage your car and the tower’s vehicle. In the worst-case scenario, your car could slam into his as soon as it’s out of the ditch. Part of a tow truck’s equipment ensures the safety of both vehicles involved. Again, that’s something that your good Samaritan doesn’t have.
- Towing can be dangerous: You shouldn’t just worry about your car’s safety when a stranger is helping you out—you need to think of yourself, too! You never know when another driver could run into your stranded vehicle or the truck that’s trying to pull you out of the ditch. Tow truck drivers carry flares and signals to alert everyone on the road that they need to move over, so everyone is as safe as possible.
Why choose AMR Auto Repair & Towing?
There’s no need to wave down a passerby when you can call a professional for help. These are a couple of the reasons why our customers choose AMR Auto Repair & Towing over other towing companies in the area when they’re stranded on the side of the road:
- Fast and reliable service: Whether you call us morning, noon or night to tow you out of the snow, you can count on us arriving at the scene as quickly as we can. In some cases, we might arrive at your vehicle before anyone else drives past you!
- Proper equipment: As we mentioned above, good Samaritans don’t have the right gear to pull you out of that ditch. That’s not the case with us. Regardless of the size of your vehicle, we’ll be able to get it back out onto the road.
- Experience: The right equipment isn’t all you need to tow a vehicle—you also need to have years of on-the-job experience. That’s what you get when you call us! Our pros can have your vehicle out of that ditch in no time.
So, how do you pull a car out of a snow ditch in Salt Lake City, UT? By now, you should know that your best bet is to call AMR Auto Repair & Towing! In addition to reliable service, our tow trucks are available 24/7 to meet the needs of all our customers. Put our number in your phone and call us when you need us!
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by Writer