Even if it’s a minor fender bender, getting into an auto accident is every driver’s nightmare. To avoid accidents, we double and triple check for cars before making a turn, put on our turn signals and always give drivers in front of us plenty of room before slowing down. Sadly, even the most careful drivers get in accidents every now and then, and may even have to call a tow truck in Salt Lake City, UT for assistance. Do you know what to do if you find yourself in the unfortunate scenario of being in an accident?
- Get to safety: Pulling your car safely to the side of the road should be your first concern after getting into an auto accident. The farther off the road you can get your car, the better. All drivers should know to switch lanes when they see an accident, but you never can be too sure! If you aren’t able to get off the road, be sure to put on your hazard lights to hopefully catch the attention of other drivers and alert them that there’s an accident.
- Check on yourself: Take a second to collect yourself and check to make sure you’re not injured. Chances are, your body will have so much adrenaline flowing through it that you may not be immediately aware of any potential injuries.
- Check on others: Once you’ve determined that you’re okay, get out and check on anyone else involved in the accident. It’s important to note that even seemingly minor issues like dizziness should be checked out by a healthcare professional. Call 911 if you or anyone else involved is injured.
- Call the police: Nobody really loves dealing with the police, but it’s necessary after any type of accident. A police report can be invaluable if you have to file a claim with your insurance company. The police will inevitably ask what happened during the accident. Don’t admit fault or blame anyone else! Let the officer objectively judge the events and determine who’s at fault.
- Gather info: The more information you can collect after an accident, the better. Make sure you write down names, insurance information and license plate numbers, as well as the time and location of the accident. Filing a claim with your insurance provider will be much easier the more information you have.
- Call a tow truck: Once you have all of the necessary information and the police have said it’s okay to leave, call a tow truck in Salt Lake City, UT. A tow truck can take you and your car to a repair shop to get the repair process started right away. The sooner you get your car in to a shop, the sooner you can get your life back to normal.
Let’s hope that you never find yourself involved in an accident, but if the worst happens, make sure you call AMR Auto Repair & Towing to come get your car. Regardless of where you are, we can send a tow truck in Salt Lake City, UT to your location to get you and your car off the scene and back to a repair shop.
Categorised in: Tow Truck Service
This post was written by Writer